Thursday, November 8, 2007

What Can Be Better Than Now

Music crosses all barriers and, for me, music infuses my very being, electrifying my soul. I sway, I move, I get lost in it, oblivious to all else. And I'm open to all genres with the exception of a very few. I enjoy finding artists with whom I am not familiar with and adding them on to my already ecclectic collection. With that said, here is my latest find, John Butler of the John Butler Trio, a bluegrass/alternative band from Australia.



All you want is
What you can’t have
And if you just look around man
You see you got magic
So just sit back and relax
Enjoy it while you still have it
Don’t look back on life man and only see tragic

Because you could be better than that
Let it get the better of you
What could be better than now
Life’s not about what’s better than
You can be better than that
Let it get the better of you
What could be better than now
Life’s not about what’s better


The group is pretty well-known in Australia and Butler is referred to as the "Million Dollar Hippie" because of his political views and musical success. He advocates peace, environmental protection, love and respect. Love that. He's pretty soulful and yummy to boot! I became familiar with his music when Michael Franti of Spearhead interviewed him at an outdoor concert. He was taking a break and holding his baby boy. I fell in love with his nurturing spirit watching him hold and caress his child, I fell in love with the kindness reflected in his eyes, smile and words. And, I've always liked free and wild spirits.

Take 5 minutes to listen to this awesome instrumental of Ocean. It is well worth it. Its nearing its 2 million view mark in You Tube. Divine.


1 comment:

Day Dreamer said...

Rebecca, you must look up a guitarist named Tommy Emanuel. If you are not already familiar with him...you will love him. Unbelieveable...truly.
Thank you for sharing this one.