Monday, March 24, 2008

A Dream Divine...


last night I had a dream divine....

i dreamt of love and purity
forgiveness and of unity
and found it filled my heart
with unbound tenderness

i dreamt of hate no more
nameless feelings at its core
and found it filled my soul
with unbound lovingness-

i felt a heart so pure and tender
unfold its parts in sweet surrender
and found it filled me to the core

now that my soul had been revived
gave all of me to those deprived
and wished i could have given more-

i glanced at her who glared at me
with anger and suspicion in her eyes,
and hugged her nonetheless with love
until at last she cried

i witnessed her regarding me
with no more hatred in her stare,
she smiled at me 'tween tears of love
for someone finally cared-

i dreamt of all these things last night
alien and intangible to me-
and it was then I realized,
the hand of God touched me.

10 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

There is a haunting sweetness in this!

Just lovely!

Gemma

seraphicgirl1986 said...

If everyone could've felt the hand of God touching them, the world would be a beautiful place.
But i like what people can do for each other- the essence of your poem, to be the most fascinating!

Head Cookie said...

Wonderfully done. Your words are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

God is love, the only God there is is Love. Nice poem.

PixieDust said...

His hand certainly has... your gift for storytelling gives me chills, mi amor...

:-)

(((Abrazos!))),
Love,
Me

Tumblewords: said...

Very, very nice!

Maithri said...

Dear Rebecca,

There is so much beauty in all that you write.

Your heart is filled with love and deep compassion.

Thanks so much for your comments on some of previous posts... I just found and replied to them now..

You are the light my friend,

Keep burning,

M

Anonymous said...

This is hauntingly beautiful, if only those who preach hatred and war could read it and understand...

Anonymous said...

Oh to feel such wonder and joy. I feel quite serene after reading this!

WH said...

Beautiful lines. I enjoyed them very much.